Re: [ecasound] ecasound on low-end machines

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound on low-end machines
From: justin (justinrosander_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:02:55 EET

> For these purposes, there might be good to branch another project from
> ecasound (using some of the same structures) to just be able to do
> multitrack-recording with ALSA, but nothing else. This idea of doing a
> stripped version has been done with Mozilla, resulting in Mozilla
> Firebird.

Perhaps if someone had the time, that person could focus on building binaries
specially designed for end-users?
Frankly, I like the idea of picking and choosing how I'd like to configure my
app straight from the source tree. RPMs are nice, but they get kinda
outmoded as the kernel, gcc and glibc as well as other libraries keep
developing so rapidly.
Now what I would like is a distro that is geared for studioheads like us.
Something streamlined and straightforward, with all the tools we need!
As to YOUR idea, perhaps it could be called eca4track? I dunno... couple it
with a slim version of tkeca?

--
"'Let's split up!'
  'We can do more damage that way.'"