24/96 upsampling problem

Subject: 24/96 upsampling problem
From: Kamil Wencel (wencel_AT_radion.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 00:41:37 EET

Hi list,

I am having trouble upsampling a 16 bit 44.1 kHz wave file to
24bit 96kHz. Sorry, if my that question may seem lame, but
I have no idea what I´m doing wrong.

Once I´ve upsampled the file, its content becomes *instable*
especially in more dynamic parts of music. Then you hear a lot
of scratching and fine clicks.

When I use the tool resample to bring a file up to 96kHz and leave
it on 16bit without using ecasound, everything is fine.

Do I use the wrong settings ?

How would a oneliner would look like to resample a WAV file
up to 24/96 ?

thanks a lot in advanvce

Kamil