Re: [ecasound] pyecasound of ecasound 2.3.0 hanging

Subject: Re: [ecasound] pyecasound of ecasound 2.3.0 hanging
From: H. T. Hind (hirh_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 02:21:38 EET

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 01:31:41PM +0200, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Stefan Bund wrote:
>
> > Problem is: I can only use ecasound 2.2.0, because in version 2.3, the
> > pyecasound library hangs after a few seconds.
> [...]
> > I added a few debugging prints to ecacontrol.py. The last thing
> > happening is the writing of the command 'copp-get' to the ecasound
> > process (in command). ecacontrol.py than loops endlessly in
> > _parse_response waiting for an answer from the ecasound process and
> > receiving none. CPU load goes to 100% on the busy loop and the
> > application stalls.
>
> Hmm, could you put together a small test app that triggers this
> behaviour and send it to me?

I'm seeing a similar behaviour. here's my script that triggers
the busy loop

#!/usr/bin/env python

import time, sys
import eci

e = eci.ECI()
e("""
cs-add play_chainsetup
c-add 1st_chain
ai-add alsahw,1,0
ao-add alsahw,0,0
cs-connect
start"""
)

while 1:
    time.sleep(1)
    if e("engine-status") != "running" or e("get-position") > int(sys.argv[1]):
                break
    print e("get-position")

e("""stop
 cs-disconnect""")

The above consistently hangs around the 50th time through the
while loop.

$ errplay.py 50

will hang consistently , while anything less seems to execute ok.