delta 1010,ecasound and recording "rollover"

Subject: delta 1010,ecasound and recording "rollover"
From: H. T. Hind (hirh_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 22:51:04 EET

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:00:37PM -0800, H. T. Hind wrote:
> Hello,

> Is there a way to get ecasound to start writing to another file
> while still recording ? Ideally, I'd like to have the ecasound
> process start recording and then write to another file(s) at a
> configurable amount of time. Is it possible ?

I'm still unable to figure out the above problem. I would like
the ability to record individual channels on a schedule and have
different start and stop times. I'm looking to write the data to
a wav file and want the ability to "rollover" to another file
after a specified amount of time.

Is it possible to do this using ecasound ? If so, any suggestions
?
Here's what I tried -

using 1 soundcard (SBLive) I was able to start ecasound in daemon
mode and periodically load a different chainsetup (using a Python
script). This seemed to work

When I tried to do that using JACK ( it proved a little more
complicated ). The same tactic as above works sometimes, but
sometimes leads to ecasound being "zombified". Am I on the right
track ? Is loading/unloading chainsetup the right way to achieve
that ?

--
hth