Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Fade in and fade out
From: Julian Dobson (juliand_AT_braverock.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 16:04:07 EET

Kai,

I see what you mean.

I was thinking along the lines of using a buffer to determine the end of
the file - the buffer would be sized to contain all the samples required
for the fade-out, and when the buffer input terminated, the fade-out
would start.

As you point out, a signal processing component would only see the
current block, but that doesn't matter if you are buffering that block.

The problem with this, however, is that you would need to allocate about
176K per second of fade-out (assuming 2 channels, 16bit, 44.1KHz).

My other option is to make sure I have good lengths in my database and
use those instead... :)