Re: [ecasound] jack port names

Subject: Re: [ecasound] jack port names
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 02:18:44 EET

Hi,

this reply comes a bit (9 months) late, but I thought I still send a note.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Daniel Kruszyna wrote:

> I'm trying to use ecasound (2.2.0) with JACK to
> record from the amSynth softsynth. When using
> -i jack_auto,amSynth , ecasound assumes the ports
> to connect to end in out_1 and out_2, which isn't
> the case with amSynth (it has "L out" and "R out").
> Is there a way to tell ecasound explicitly what
> ports to auto-connect to?

This was fixed in ecasound-2.2.3. The 'jack_auto' will connect all the
local ports to remote ports in the order they appear in the clients'
port lists. So in this case:

amSynth:L out -> ecasound:in_1
amSynth:R out -> ecasound:in_2