Re: [ecasound] largefile support?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] largefile support?
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:37:07 EEST

Jamie Lutch wrote:

> i compiled ecasound with largefile support, but am unsure how to invoke it.
> I recorded a .raw file, but it stopped at 2gb as before. is there a switch I
> need to invoke it, or does it only work with particular file formats?

I'm using it that way all the time. What you need to do is, upon running
./configure (before compiling), you need to specify the option
--with-largefiles. You can see many more options when running
./configure --help. But after doing that, it should work fine.

One way to check whether largefile support doesn't work for you in
ecasound or whether some other piece of your system is broken would be
to create some big file using dd or some such method and see whether
that works.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key