extigy actually DOES work

Subject: extigy actually DOES work
From: Adam Linson (adam_AT_percent-s.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 17:44:34 EEST

hello all,

just though i would let people know that i am successfully using a
creative labs soundblaster extigy (USB soundcard) with linux and alsa.

for Ecasound (I just compiled 2.3.0), it seems to like "-b:1024" -- at
least for full-duplex, but also for clearer half-duplex operations.
(this may be obvious to engineers, ie not to me, hehehe)

anyhoo, since there seems to be a general lack of useful info on the web
concerning usb audio, for the extigy in particular, i have posted the
juicy details here:

http://percent-s.com/tech/

adam

PS for the question 10 people are about to ask me, i refer you to this
quote from the ALSA page:
"Contrary to Creative Labs publicity the Extigy is physically incapable
of either 24 bits or 96kHz"

PPS no, i am not using it for 5.1 DVD audio.