Re: [ecasound] new debugging options

Subject: Re: [ecasound] new debugging options
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 10:06:58 EEST

Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi> writes:

> I must admit that the old '-d:debuglevel' option is about as unfriendly to
> users as is possible. To use it in a sane way requires you to understand
> bitmasks and to browse the Ecasound source-tree. :) Ugh, wonder how the
> Windows/Mac advocates would react to this. >;)

Note that ecasound.el supports nicely configurable debug levels since the
beginning:

M-x ecasound-customize-startup RET
Ecasound Arguments: [Hide]
[X] Start ecasound in interactive mode
[X] Print all debug information to stderr
(unbuffered, plain output without ncurses)
[X] Debug level:
    [X] Errors
    [X] Info
    [ ] Subsystems