Re: [ecasound] map-ladspa-list screwed?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] map-ladspa-list screwed?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 00:27:13 EEST

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, janne halttunen wrote:

> ecasound IAM command map-ladspa-list returns strange values.

This turned out to be a strange one... :)

> highpass_iir,Glame Highpass Filter,Glame Highpass Filter - Author:
> 'Alexander Ehlert <mag_AT_glame.de>',2,Cutoff
> Frequency,,43228,80,1,172800,00,1,38,40,0,0,1,0,Stages(2 poles per
> stage),,1,00,1,10,00,1,1,00,0,1,0,0

The above is actually almost correct. You have to make the following
changes:

43228,80 --> 43228.80
172800,00 --> 172800.00
38,40 --> 38.40
1,00 --> 1.00
10,00 --> 10.00

... in other words the textual representation of float numbers is wrong
(commas instead of periods). And as it happens, this is caused by locale
settings:

--cut--
export LC_ALL="fi_FI"
echo map-ladspa-list |ecasound_debug -c |grep highpass
--cut--

... triggers the bug, while LC_ALL="C" fixes it.

I'm currently fixing this in ecasound's CVS, so that it temporarily
changes to "C" locale when outputting the maps.