midi control changes from a midi file?

Subject: midi control changes from a midi file?
From: Stuart Allie (allies_AT_hydstra.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 09:18:48 EEST

Hi All,

I'm ussing ecasound for multitrack recording with lots of audio tracks and
one or two midi tracks (files). One thing i'd like to be able to do is to
use the control change messages that are embedded in the midi file to
control effects in ecasound via -km. Now I can use realt time midi messages
without any problem, but I don't know how to get the control changes *in a
file* to be sent to or received by ecasound at the correct time. I guess I
can use something like pmidi to play the file to a virtual midi device and
have ecasound listen to that device, but how could I guarantee that the midi
messages would start in sync with the rest of ecasound?

If this isn't possible with the current ecasound, can I make a request for a
development item as follows:
"add option to -km to read command change messages from a midi file rather
than a device."

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Dr Stuart Allie