Re: [ecasound] mixing problem (bug?)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] mixing problem (bug?)
From: justin (justinrosander_AT_access-4-free.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 01:44:24 EEST

The extremely horrific noise is this:
The "first part" is the shortest *.wav file. What happened is, your sine wave
on that file did not end on "0" on the y-axis. When that happens, you get a
square wave and thus your mixed *.wav file had a loud blast of Jimi Hendrix's
grand finale when the first file ended.
How to solve this:
With a soundfile editor, create a volume envelope at the VERY END OF THE FILE
where the sound is supposed to decay to "0". As Jean-Luc would say, "Make it
so." Make the volume level go completely to "0" with the volume envelope at
the end of the file. This done, do this with all files being mixed, adjust
the DC offset on all files, and you're ready to mix!
If you're not sure what to do, email me. :)

--
"I drank what?"
  --Socrates