ecasound devel status update

Subject: ecasound devel status update
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 00:48:22 EEST

Hi,

a quick update on what is happening (or better, what is not happening) in
ecasound development:

First of all, during Jul->Aug I will be spending a lot of time without net
access, so it is likely that there will be very little ecasound
development activity during this time. And of course, I can reply to
ecasound related mails only very rarely.

Anyways, the current CVS contains lots of important bug fixes and minor
improvements. My plan is to release 2.3.0 sometime in Aug/Sep. Before
doing that I want to take a look at few recent bug reports sent to me
(especially the metronome timing issue). Also, I'd like to add support for
the new JACK transport API, but I guess this is post-2.3.0 matter.

PS While waiting for new ecasound releases ;), you might for example
   take a look at what the linux-audio guys are doing at LinuxTag2003:
   http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/eventslt2003.php3
   Thanks to Julien Claassen, ecasound will also be demo'ed at the event!