I want knobs!

Subject: I want knobs!
From: Nolan J. Darilek (nolan_d_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 20:42:59 EEST

Looking at buying either a knob or slider midi controller which I'd
like to use to control effect parameters via ecasound--more
specifically, I want some sort of physical control over EQ parameters.

First, is this possible, and how difficult is it to set up? I'm
guessing that it is by using -km?

Assuming so, can anyone recommend a good knob or slider controller?
I've looked at musiciansfriend, but I get the impression that the only
knob controller available requires windows software to program. Are
there any controllers programmable from within linux or, failing that,
controllers which can be programmed from their front panels without
software?