Re: [ecasound] voice logger with ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] voice logger with ecasound
From: C.Lee Taylor (leet_AT_leenx.co.za)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 13:03:28 EEST

Prabhakar Kondakrindi wrote:

> Hello ,

    Greetings ...

> I'm tryng to use ecasound as a two channel voice logger with AC97
> multimedia and alsa driver . I need to record each channel ( L & R)
> to separate mono files and also start /stop recording on each
> channel independently.

    We are working on the same thing. I am using perl to monitor a
serial port which starts and stops ecasound for each channel. We are
just waiting for some hardware so that this can be run off phones.

    Search the archives for mail with the subject "Re: [ecasound]
multiple input sound recording" dated around "06/07/2003 02:06 PM", this
should give enough info on how to split your sound card into left and
right channel.

> Please help !!

    Hope this helps.

Mailed