Re: [ecasound] format conversion error-->>an answer??

Subject: Re: [ecasound] format conversion error-->>an answer??
From: justin (justinrosander_AT_access-4-free.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 13:19:52 EEST

here is something I found in the ecasound user guide that may be of use:

Troubleshooting

Ecasound v2.2 and earlier don't have the capability to change the engine
buffersize and sampling rate dynamically during processing. As a consequence,
running ecasound will fail if the currrent values for these parameters do not
match to the ones used by the JACK server. In other words, you have to
correctly set the buffersize (with ``-b:xxx'') and sampling rate (with
``-f:bits,channels,srate'' and possibly using the resample audio object).
This is the first thing to check if communication with JACK does not work.

Future versions of ecasound will hopefully solve this problem. This issue
covered by ecasound development item ``edi-31 - Support for dynamic sampling
rate and buffersize changes.''.

--
"I drank what?"
  --Socrates