Re: [ecasound] Re: ai-setpos ambiguity

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: ai-setpos ambiguity
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 17:40:15 EEST

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, silvan wrote:

> ai-setpos is propperly working with wav input.
> What i attempted to do was having an ogg file
> as input, and in case of ogg ai-setpos gets
> still ignoring ...
[...]
> Is there a way to get seeking working with
> ogg files?

unfortunately seeking is not supported with ogg files. The ogg decoder has
no offset option, so ecasound has to always start from the start. This
might change if a suitable option is added to ogg123. Other option is to
implement direct ogg support to ecasound (using ogg libraries to do the
decoding). The latter option would be nice, but we'd need someone to do
it.