feature request or rather question about feature request

Subject: feature request or rather question about feature request
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 03:46:36 EEST

hi, me again ..

Just a quick question: how much of a hassle would it be to implement
some kind of progress meter thingy for ecanormalize? I'm a sucker for
progress bars and when normalizing some 2 GB file, which can take some
time, I sit there, drumming my fingers on the edge of my desk, wondering
how close to completion the process is.

I of course do know the old truism, that if you watch something, it will
take longer (such as staring at a pot, wondering how long it'll take for
the water to reach boiling point), but I can't help it, I still have to
stare at it.

Maybe just because it gives me an excuse not to do anything productive
in the meantime.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key