Compiling ecasound

Subject: Compiling ecasound
From: Gerrit Niestijl (g.niestijl_AT_rijndam.nl)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 10:27:26 EEST

Hi,

Until recently I could compile ecasound with --enable-sys-readline. I
had to add -lreadline at two places in configure, something like
LIBS = -lncurses -lreadline $LIBS (I'm not at my linux machine now).
This was because of the installed version of automake (1.6 I think).

With ecasound version 2.2.3 I can only find one of those places to add
-lreadline, but then the compile fails, saying it can't find main() in
-lreadline.

Is there a workaround for this, or should I downgrade automake?

I appreciate any help.

--
Gerrit