How to clean old 78 recordings

Subject: How to clean old 78 recordings
From: gilles_AT_harfang.homelinux.org
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 23:49:18 EEST

Hello.

I've musical recordings from the twenties (already digitized), and I'd like to
remove as much as possible of the noise.

Could someone please tell me whether ecasound can be used to achieve that; and,
in the affirmative, how I can proceed?
What combination of ecasound's effects and filters can I try to get the nicest
result?

Many thanks for your help.

Gilles