Re: [ecasound] playback breaks ..

Subject: Re: [ecasound] playback breaks ..
From: The Eye (the.eye_AT_gmx.li)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 17:01:43 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, The Eye wrote:
>
> > well we're making steps, but we're not yet there .. *grin* this time I
> > just clicked that li'l button which makes the pane disappear .. this was
> > enough to stop ecasound playing .. this time, though I didn't see the
> [...]
> > ecasound ('h' for help)> -4).
>
> I assume this is -EINTR (interrupted in system call) error. I just added
> another workarond to ecasound's CVS-tree. It should fix the -4 case.

right now it seems to work ..
although I'm getting loads of the following messages, whicht don't break
the playback:
ecasound ('h' for help)> (audioio-alsa) unknown device state!
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:495:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: File
descriptor in bad state

these turn up everytime I would have had a playback break off with the
last versions ..

haven't excessively tested recording yet ..

anyway, thx a lot for the fast patching ..

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
check out http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128 for gpg public key