Re: [ecasound] ecasound with LADSPA plugins (cygwin)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound with LADSPA plugins (cygwin)
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 09:29:28 EET

> Would it be possible to use LADSPA plugins with
> ecasound under Cygwin on windows? I've tried compiling
> a couple of LADSPA plugins, and get errors. Is this
> because they will never work under cygwin, or shoud I
> spend more time trying to get them to compile?

We probably need more hacking to check if dlopen is really
that supported under cygwin. There is something similar to
dlopen under Windows, so it is possible cygwin does support it.

However, most LADSPA plugins (that I've seen) are not prepared
with cygwin in mind,
so we may need to modify the makefile and source.

regards,
        junichi