ecanormalize

Subject: ecanormalize
From: Al Oomens (aloomens_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 19:45:15 EET

   I have ecasound 2.2.2 running fine and everything
functioning on Windows/XP using Cygwin (without the
pyecasound stuff)!
   I have a question about ecanormalize. When I
process a .wav file using ecanormalize, and then play
the file back and view it with ecasignalview, it shows
that there are a lot of clipped-samples after
porcessing with ecanormalize. Is this ok? Is there
actually clipping going on if ecasiganlview shows
clipped samples? The max-peak was at 1.00000 for both
channels.
   Finally, on my Linux system, what would be the
preffered way of doing output (or
advantages/disadvantages)? Is it better to use alsahw
than /dev/dsp (or is there no differance)? Is it
better to use jack with alsa, or is jack only
advantageous if you are using other programs also? For
best sound, I think it might be best to process with
ecasound and output to a .wav file and then burn CD's
from that wave file right? That way the quality of the
sound card, and other possible elictrical noise etc.
is not a factor.