Re: [ecasound] Recording with delta 1010lt

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Recording with delta 1010lt
From: Martin O'Loughlin (martino_an_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:34:06 EET

If I remember correctly,
according to alsa, the input channels are simply the
channels of a mutli-channel input stream and channel
numbers start at 1.
Same for outputs.

One thing about which you need to be careful, is that
the mixer for this card (at least in the
envy-24-control panel) includes gain sliders, in
addition to actual input volume control. These gain
sliders are set by default to zero, and need to be
adjusted to non-zero values at least for the channels
you wish to record.
(IN ENVY-24-CONTROL THESE SLIDERS ARE NUMBERED FROM 0
to 7!!! so be careful).

I do not know how to adjust these levels using the
alsa-mixer, or to set them already in .alsarc, but if
you are having trouble with the gain sliders in the
envy-24-control panel, I can see how these can be set
on start-up. Mine at least come up non-zero (at the
values of the last session) on start-up.

hope this helps,

Martin

--- Julien Patrick Claassen <julien_AT_c-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello all!
> I just wanted to test my m-audio delta 1010lt
> card, but couldn't get it to
> work for input. I have two soundcards a simple
> c-media (card 0) and the 1010lt
> (card 1). Now I just wanted to open all or two
> specific of the analogue
> inputs. I need to find out about the input numbers.
> Unfortunately I'm blind
> and can't recognise them. So what can I do? Any
> ideas? I think one of you has
> the same card?
> Kindest regards
> Julien
>
> Julien Patrick Claassen
> jclaassen_AT_gmx.de
> julien_AT_c-lab.de
> http://www.geocities.com/jjs_home
>
> SBS C-LAB
> Fuerstenallee 11
> 33102 Paderborn
>
> Phone: (+49) 5251 60 6060
> Fax: (+49) 5251 60 6065
>
> www.c-lab.de

> body of the
> message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.

=====
Martin O'Loughlin
http://www.geocities.com/martino_an
http://stage.vitaminic.it/martin_o_loughlin/