libecasoundc-config howto?

Subject: libecasoundc-config howto?
From: Remco Poelstra (remco_AT_beryllium.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 16:05:11 EET

Hi,

I'm updating my little app for GTK 2 and I'm fighting with
configure.in. But not only GTK is a problem, also ecasound isn't
detected anymore. (I used
AC_CHECK_LIB(ecasoundc,eci_init,,AC_MESSAGE_ERROR(Can't find ecasoundc,
please install)) ). I found out that libecasoundc-config is provided by
ecasound, which is supposed to enlighten a developers task, not? I was
just wondering how do I use it correctly? Than I mean that I do not
direclty assign it's output the the FLAGS and LIBS variables, but have
configure print a nice error if ecasound isn't found.

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra