Re: [ecasound] Proposition: Ecasound Blocking Audio Interface

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Proposition: Ecasound Blocking Audio Interface
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 18:49:24 EET

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:14:00 +0900
Junichi Uekawa <dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp> wrote:

> > If I wanted to have several streams from one proggie to one ecasound instance (this would be efficient), I need to use FIFOs.
> >

> Most shells allow you to use a construct like:
>
> ecasound -i <(myproggie)
>
> for FIFOs.
>
> I think it should be possible to achieve your goals with
> something like this ?

Umm, maybe, but what I'm after is some kind of standard with which to route audio to/from ecasound, without always inventing new FIFO names, and places to put them into. And easy manipulation through ECI via aliases. All native python ofcourse, so Kai can rest his fingers a bit :)

Junichi, what do you think of placing the FIFOs to /tmp/ directory?

Like:

/tmp/ebai-(ecasound-pid)/(port-name).raw

Would this violate any security principles, I seem to remember you're interested in?

janne