another 2.2.1 bug?

Subject: another 2.2.1 bug?
From: Justin Rosander (JustinRosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 09:24:35 EET

hey y'all,
here's the skinny on what I've been doing, and the results:

ecasound -r -b:1024 -i:bass.wav -o:bass1.wav -t:287.27

this command was intended to clip the first 287.27 seconds of the 'bass.wav'
file and paste it to 'bass1.wav' Now, I then recorded a "punch-in" track,
called 'bass2.wav' under ecasound-iam, starting at position 280 seconds. I
wanted to merge 'bass1.wav' and 'bass2.wav' to paste the "punch-in" to the
original track by employing the following command:

ecasound -r -b:1024 -a:1 -i:bass1.wav \
-a:2 -i:bass2.wav \
-a:1,2 -o:bass3.wav

Now, the "punch-in" worked, although when the punch-in occurred at position
287.27 seconds, the result was a layered *.wav file: one layer was the
actual bass track, and over that was this awful garbage-noise, like a
low-frequency saw-wave.

I'm using kernel 2.4.19 (low-latency patch added)
ALSA 0.9.0rc2
ecasound 2.2.1
ens-1373 chipset

Hope this helps,
Justin
p.s.-the album is making slow, yet steady progress. hopefully I'll have a
tune or two on my web page in the next couple of weeks!