Re: [ecasound] http streaming

Subject: Re: [ecasound] http streaming
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 02:05:36 EET

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, smoerk wrote:

> is there a reason why ecasound doesn't support URLs as input for ogg and
> mp3 files?

Good question, I guess nobody asked about it before.

With the current CVS you can now do the following:

ecasound -i http://www.wakkanet.fi/kelaus_tree/tracks/kelaus_tree__ilmaa.mp3 -o alsa
ecasound -i http://www.wakkanet.fi/kelaus_tree/tracks/kelaus_tree__ilmaa.ogg -o alsa
ecasound -i http://www.eca.cx/audio/foo.mid -o alsa

The last one doesn't work on my machine, although based on the timidity
man page it should (timidity version 2.10.0). Anyway, at least the first
two work. And great music, too! :D