Controlling ecasound with serial terminal

Subject: Controlling ecasound with serial terminal
From: Tim Somers (tim.somers_AT_securysat.be)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 12:10:46 EET

Hi all

I have this weard problem. I use ecasound for plain, simple recording. I
start it, it runs for three hours, I shut down, and go home. Because I
would like to leave my monitor and keyboard at home, I connected my old
pda as a serial terminal.
So far ok, I tested it, everything works... after I logged on on the
console. When I boot, logon via my pda, launch ecasound, it exits with a
segmentation fault. After I logged on on my console (just log on, not
even start a program or anything), I launch ecasound from my pda, and
everything works fine.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with ecasound, I just have no idea
what causes the problem.
I use redhat 7.3, ecasound 2.0.2, and wince with a vt100 terminal. I use
the same user account on both my console and pda.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Greets
Tim