Re: [ecasound] playback problem delta 1010lt

Subject: Re: [ecasound] playback problem delta 1010lt
From: Martin O'Loughlin (martino_an_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 12:30:42 EET

Dear Kai,

indeed, i tried this, using -f 32,10,44100 and it
works fine.
I also checked (finally) full duplex (monitoring and
recording, which works fine with the command line

ecasound -a 1 -i alsaplugin,0,0 -a 2 -i foo.wav -f
32,10,44100 -a 1 -o foo2.wav -a 2 -o alsahw,0,0

so it looks like i am in business and just need to put
this into my .asoundrc (which had been waiting for me
to overcome this stumbling block).

One other comment (which i guess may not be valid with
the 2.2.0 release).

at the end of every playback, i get a warning,

Warning DBC_CHECK failed - "status() ==
engine_status_running", eca-engine.cpp, 735.

there do not seem to be any associated problems
however.

Similarly running
ecasound -r -c ..........(as root)
i get two warning messages,

Warning DBC_CHECK failed - "samples_per_second() > 0",
eca_audio_position.cpp, 71.
this repeated twice.

thanks for your help,

martin

--- Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Martin O'Loughlin wrote:
>
> > and multi-track recording works fine with the
> delta
> > 1010lt using
> > -i alsaplugin,0,0,0
> [...]
> > however playback on the 1010lt does not work and
> when
> > I kill the ecasound process i get i/o errors.
> trouble
> > opening audio device. .
>
> Have you tried bypassing the ALSA's plugin system
> and
> use direct hw access instead:
>
> ecasound -i foo.wav -f:32,10,44100 -o alsahw,0,0
>
> The difficult part is to find out correct audio
> parameters supported
> by the audio hardware (as we are bypassing the ALSA
> plugin system,
> only supported audio formats can be used).
> '-f:32,10,44100' should
> work for all ice1712 based cards (playback).
>
> --
> http://www.eca.cx
> Audio software for Linux!

> body of the
> message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.

=====
Martin O'Loughlin
http://www.geocities.com/martino_an
http://stage.vitaminic.it/martin_o_loughlin/