Automating track splitting?

Subject: Automating track splitting?
From: Roger Williams (raw_AT_qux.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 06:33:02 EET

Has anyone out there written a utility (using ecasound/libecasound)
for generating a marker list (start/stop times) for regions within
continuous source material by locating inter-region silence gaps?

I have 40+ hours of spoken language lab material to transfer from 1/4"
tape to CD. The provided track lists seem complete, but don't contain
reliable time data. Given the nature of the material, naturally I'd
like to automate as much of my preliminary tracks and index
identification as possible (even if it means spending twice as long
writing a script to automate the work ;-)

--
Roger Williams <raw_AT_qux.com>
Qux Tool & Die, Middleborough, Massachusetts