Re: ecasound.el has default value for mlang (Re: [ecasound] Debian ecasound2.2)

Subject: Re: ecasound.el has default value for mlang (Re: [ecasound] Debian ecasound2.2)
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 15:24:12 EET

Junichi Uekawa <dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> I've noticed that
>
> ecasound.el has:
>
> (defcustom ecasound-program "/home/mlang/bin/ecasound"
> "*Ecasound's executable.
> This program is executed when the user invokes \\[ecasound]."
> :group 'ecasound
> :type 'file)

The default is just because 2.2.0 was not officially released at
that point, and ecasound.el did only work with cvs version.
So I set it to the cvs compiled ecasound....

> I guess that part should be autogenerated using
>
> (defcustom ecasound-program "@bindir@/ecasound"
> "*Ecasound's executable.
> This program is executed when the user invokes \\[ecasound]."
> :group 'ecasound
> :type 'file)
>
> kind of notation, and in the build scripts:
>
> build/ecasound.el: ecasound.el
> sed -e 's,[@]bindir[@],${bindir},' < $< > $@
>
> But I guess it's not really useful, considering it is not installed anywhere.

Normally, ecasound is installed in a directory which is on the PATH,
so for 0.8.2 (which will come soon) I'll change that variable
to just say "ecasound"

--
CYa,
  Mario