Re: [ecasound] resampling question

Subject: Re: [ecasound] resampling question
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 00:47:54 EET

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> You can use ecasound. It's fairly simple:
> ecasound -f:16,2,48000 -i old.wav -f:16,2,44100 -o new.wav

This only works with ecasound-2.0 and older. With the new 2.2 you need to
use: "ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i resample,48000,old.wav -f:16,2,44100 -o
new.wav".

The quality is not all that good, but it does work. When I have the time,
I'll add support to Eric de Castro Lopo's new libsamplerate package, which
provides much better quality. But until that happens, I recommend using
sox if you need good quality resampling from the command-line.