Live music on cd

Subject: Live music on cd
From: Lars Bjørndal (lars.bjorndal_AT_grieg.uib.no)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 15:04:00 EET

Hi all!

I've created a cd with live music (one big wave-file devided into
several tracks without gaps between them). I used cdrdao, and a phyton
script called "tocgen" to make the toc-file. In one linux shell i ran
the awe program written by Kirk Reiser, that let me play the wave-file,
and decide where to place the track marks. In another shell, i wrote
the time values as parameters to tocgen.

My question is: Is it possible to use ecasound or another tool to
both, play the music, and write the toc-file based upon a simple key
stroke where I want the track marks? (This tool has to be TUI, not
GUI).

Thank you
Lars