playing and recording, both with effects

Subject: playing and recording, both with effects
From: Raoul Bönisch (jkl345_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 18:50:27 EET

Hello list!

I want to play the guitar with effects and simultaneously record
the sound with the effects. Though I don't want to type in the same
effects twice for the live chain and the save chain, so I use the
loopback device:

ecasound -a:input -i /dev/dsp1 -pn:time_delay1 -o:loop,1 \
        -a:live -i:loop,1 -o:/dev/dsp \
        -a:save -i:loop,1 -o:/tmp/save.wav

I get this error message:

[...]
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
(eca-control) ERROR: Connecting chainsetup failed: ""
Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "is_enabled() != true", eca-chainsetup.cpp, 164.

Only playing with effects and only saving sound with effects
works ok. What do I do wrong with the loopback device?

I am using ecasound v2.2.0-rc1.

        Raoul