Re: [ecasound] Mono/stereo -problem with DirectSound AC97

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Mono/stereo -problem with DirectSound AC97
From: Taavi Burns (taavi_AT_hammerfell.dhs.org)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 20:27:34 EET

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 07:53:44PM +0200, Mikko Nummelin spoke thusly:
> I have an integrated soundcard "DirectSound AC97 Audio" on my motherboard,
<snip>
> The result: To _both_ files, left.wav and right.wav goes exactly same,
<snip>
> soundcard such crap that it only has monoural microphone channel?

I'm pretty sure that most consumer-grade soundcards only allow mono
microphone in, since most microphones are mono. If your onboard
sound has a "line in", you'd want to use that instead, for two reasons:
it expects preamplified input (as your tape deck will provide), and
it is (almost) guaranteed to be stereo.

--
taa
/*eof*/