Re: [ecasound] resample / jack / stdin

Subject: Re: [ecasound] resample / jack / stdin
From: smoerk (smoerk_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 19:14:44 EET

Tim King wrote:

>> This plays the 44100 Hz file too fast (as expected):
>>
>> ogg123 -d wav cirrus_nopressure.ogg -f - | ecasound -f:16,2,48000 -i \
>> stdin -o jack
>

> Try:
>
> ogg123 -d wav cirrus_nopressure.ogg -f - | ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i \
> stdin -f:16,2,48000 -o jack
>
> 8-)
>
> Nowever, I don't know how high the quality of resampling is.

Tthis work for this file, but not for any file which an _unknow_
samplerate. Does ecasound care about an wave header on stdin or does it
always interpret the data as raw pcm?

So my question is: How could I play any ogg stream from the net with
ecasound, when I don't know the samplerate of the ogg stream?