2.2.0-pre5 effect test results

Subject: 2.2.0-pre5 effect test results
From: Justin Rosander (JustinRosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 11:32:34 EET

Hello,
Just to FYI you'uns (A Foxworthyism, meaning "y'all plus two"):
I tested the following:
-etc
-etl
-etp
-pn:var_aw (I think that's the preset name)

And these were the results:
Chorus, Flange and Phase are known for the "swooshy" effect they give to sound. 2.0.4 works wonderfully to give a good "swoosh." However, in 2.2.0pre5, it sounded like "sw . . ." like the "swoosh" was stuck. In other words, it sounded like the effect was starting to affect the sound, but that's all it did . . . START to affect the sound. No "swooshies." (For those tormented as a freshman/woman in high school by having your head dunked in a toilet and someone holding you down while flushing it, this could be a good thing. For those who held your own head in a toilet and flushed it, no "swooshies" could be bad.)
Ok, I know it's overkill. I hope this information is of help in seeing a wonderful next release!
Sincerely,
Justin
p.s.-I am happy to inform that ecasound had an official "performance" at my church. I am the worship leader there, and I used a particular mix on CD to accompany myself in youth group on Wednesday. So far, so good! :)Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com