Re: [ecasound] ecasound and alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound and alsa
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 05:44:07 EET

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I just upgraded ecasound from a while and alsa and now when I try to put
> something to alsa, it hangs and if I kill ecasound it says it was having a
> problem setting up params. thoughts?

Have you tried setting the channel parameters to match the hw-device
capabilities...? I've recently have some troubles playing back stereo
files (via alsa-lib plugin layer) to my delta44. If I instead write all 10
channels directly to hw:0,0, the everything works as expected. There could
potentially be something wrong in the stereo->mchannels conversion that's
done in alsa-lib... this is definitely something that used to work.