Re: [ecasound] Ecasound and digital I/O and MIDI

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound and digital I/O and MIDI
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 17:51:03 EET

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Julien Patrick Claassen wrote:

> Can ecasound work with digital I/O (spdif).

I don't have any spdif hardware, so I can't say for sure, but I can't see
why it should be any different than normal analog i/o (programs only see
digital audio anyway).

> And what about the midi state? For what can midi be used at the moment?
> I mean sync, recording midi-files...?

- controlling effect parameters in real-time with MIDI-CCs
- send MMC (midi machine control) start and stop
- send MIDI start and stop (but not MIDI-sync clock)
- you can use MIDI-files as inputs (uses Timidity++ to render
  the files to PCM data)