Re: [ecasound] can't control two operators with envelope

Subject: Re: [ecasound] can't control two operators with envelope
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 04:05:20 EET

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Bill Allen wrote:

> I've been testing ecasound v2.2.0-pre4 all weekend since I had a project
> to do. I've discovered that if I have two operators that are controlled by
> the generic linear envelope (klg), the second one doesn't work. Here's my

This was indeed an ecasound bug, and a very subtle one. To summarize:

- the actual bug was "implemented" during edi-21 work,
  "Review of object position functionality"; this edi
  made controllers aware of the chainsetup position (ie.
  if you rewind to start, also all your controllers, like
  fade-ins, -klg, etc, would start from start)
- the bug was in code that is common to all controller types
- but as it happened, this bug in generic code really
  only affected -klg
- purely by accident, the first created -klg object
  always worked as expected

... ugh! :) Now fixed in CVS.

Btw; as edi-21 was the original cause, ecasound-2.0 tree doesn't
     have this bug.

> Otherwise, for everything I'm doing (multitrack record and
> mixing) v2.2.0-pre4 is working just fine.

Thanks for testing (and reporting)! It seems that we're going to reach
a stable-enough-for-2.2.0 state much faster than I expected. And well,
that's just great! :)