edi-27/29; NetECI updates

Subject: edi-27/29; NetECI updates
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 02:40:06 EET

NetECI is now based on the 'int-output-mode-wellformed' protocol. I've
implemented this to ecasound's daemon mode and fixed all known bugs, so
it's time to close edi-27.

I've also made major improvements to ecamonitor and moved it
back to ecatools/ecamonitor (from ecaasound/ecamonitor). Here's
a screenshot of the new code in action:

http://www.eca.cx/screenshots/ecasound-2.2.0-pre4_neteci_ecamonitor.png

.. pretty neat, isn't it? Works both from console and in xterms
(only uses curses).

PS Ecamonitor now contains a real protocol parser. You could
   use it directly to implement a native ECI implementation
   in Python. So if someone has some extra free time,
   feel free to have a look at it...
PPS Impressed by Mario's work on ecasound.el, I wrote ecamonitor's
    parser using regexps, unlike the C ECI implementation
    for which I wrote a state machine. And yup, the result
    looks much cleaner. You learn something new every day. :)