edi-30 ready (was: edi-30 progress)

Subject: edi-30 ready (was: edi-30 progress)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 01:07:22 EET

After rewriting the C++ ECI interface to be independent from the main
libraries, the ecatools porting process suddenly became a lot faster. :)
In the current CVS, there's only one big executable left, and that is
ecasound itself. All other apps are implemented using ECI. Here are the
disk-space usage stats:

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> 8.4M bin
> 588K include
> 1.8M lib
> 104K man
> 24K share
> 11M total

And now:

### ecasound-cvs|$ du -csh *
2.1M bin
578k include
2.1M lib
93k man
17k share
4.9M total

### ecasound-cvs|$ cd bin ; du -csh *
36k ecaconvert
60k ecafixdc
20k ecalength
4.0k ecamonitor
44k ecanormalize
16k ecaplay
56k ecasignalview
1.8M ecasound
4.0k libecasound-config
4.0k libecasoundc-config
2.1M total

So we're back to normal space-usage wise.

PS Even if I say this myself ;), ECI proved out to be quite
   powerful for writing apps like these. Especially ecasignalview
   is quite a nice demonstration. Just as I'm writing this,
   I'm using ecasignalview's ncurses VU-meters to monitor
   a JACK session!