Re: [ecasound] Multiple stereo records at once

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Multiple stereo records at once
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 21:18:18 EEST

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Craig Meyer wrote:

> My question is this: Would there be a way for me to
> record, say, four simultaneous stereo streams at the
> same time with -one- ecasound process instead of four?
[...]
> Wouldn't that be much easier for the computer to
> handle, what with fewer processes and hits to the OSS
> driver?

No problem. Are you using the kernel OSS or the commercial OSS drivers?
Anyway, you could use:

# 2 channels per recorded file, 32bits, 44100
ecasound -f:s32,2,441100
         -a:chain1 -i /dev/dsp0 -o foo1.wav \
         -a:chain2 -i /dev/dsp1 -o foo2.wav \
         -a:chain3 -i /dev/dsp2 -o foo3.wav

The exact syntax (ie. can you use /dev/dspX syntax to access individual
stereo pairs), depends on the used drivers.