Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-pre2

Subject: Re: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-pre2
From: Mikko Nummelin (mnummeli_AT_cc.hut.fi)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 00:56:30 EEST

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, janne halttunen wrote:

> Yes, you're supposed to be using ALSA CVS version. (I also have rc3,
> had the errors, just disabled alsa..)

IMO, it is really bad practice for bleeding-edge versions to rely on some
other bleeding-edge versions. That combination makes the probability of
compiling OK very small. The bugfix for ecasound I think should be
"next on the line" is to make sure it compiles with latest "standard"
version of ALSA (even better if it compiles with older ALSA versions
also) and with older gcc compilers, i.e. 2.95.* etc. I prefer stability
over some "fine quirkies"!

Mikko Nummelin