Re: [ecasound] ALSA driver don't works

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ALSA driver don't works
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 01:38:20 EEST

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> I'm trying to use Ecasound with ALSA driver and it don't works.

Oops, registering ALSA to the object maps failed. I just committed a fix
to CVS.

I've recently used only JACK, so I didn't notice this. Anyways,
you can check that ALSA is installed by

a) after running configure, check ecasound/config.h and
   verify that ECA_COMPILE_ALSA is defined there
b) launch 'ecasound -c' and issue 'aio-register', you
   should see the ALSA object types

With 2.2.0-pre1, both a+b fail. :(

> I'm using ALSA 0.9.0beta12 and Ecasound was compiled with ALSA support.
> What could be the cause of this.

Hmm, if you're not using 2.2.0-pre1, then this is caused by something
else. Checking the above (b) is still a good way to start problem-hunting.