Multichannel mode

Subject: Multichannel mode
From: Justin Rosander (JustinRosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 09:54:19 EEST

Hello again,
I'm really enjoying learning to use ecasound. I really like its versatility, Kai.
Anyways, I used the following format to just try out ecasound as a multichannel mixer. I think I understand the concepts that you present in your examples page. This is the command that I used:

ecasound -c -r -b:200 \
-a:1 -i:chords:wav \
-a:2,3 -i:/dev/dsp \
-a:2 -o:lead.wav \
-a:1,3 -o:/dev/dsp

 . . . according to one of the examples presented.
Anyways, I tried playing some leads over the 'chords.wav' file to make a 'lead.wav' file.
I didn't hear 'chords.wav' playing, and when I played 'lead.wav' with an ecasound chain or even 'aplay', there was nothing on the file.
I tried the command again, and when given the option to look at 'help' options, I tried 'status'. I thought it would be a good place to start. :)
Anyways, it told me that the ecasound engine wasn't ready, and that the multichannel mode was disabled. I haven't made any personal tweaks to .ecasoundrc or anything like that, and I'm using the 2.0.4 version of ecasound. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help,
JustinGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com