Re: [ecasound] cop-status return value in int-output-mode-wellformed

Subject: Re: [ecasound] cop-status return value in int-output-mode-wellformed
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 02:38:21 EEST

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Mario Lang wrote:

> While playing with the elisp parser for int-output-mode-wellformed
> (what a horrible name!),

At least nobody accidently switches the output mode. :) One possible
new output mode is 'int-output-mode-xml', but let's see if there's any
real need for it. Unlike previous proposals for using xml in ecasound,
this would not require ecasound to understand xml, just to output it.
And this means that no external xml-libs would be needed (which again
has been my primary argument against the use of xml). Well, but this is
definitely post-2.2.0 stuff.

> I noticed that cop-status return string has a \n on the last line.
> Other commands dont have this. This results in \n\n\n, and confused my
> parser :). I know it should be more robust anyway, but if there is
> nothing against that, could we fix this please?

Hmm, some of the cop-status messages may indeed have an '\n' in the end.
And to be exact, this is allowed by the protocol specification as long as
the ending '\n' is counted in the msgsize. But I guess it's not that big
of a thing to fix these two commands. I just commited a patch to CVS,
which removed the extra newline char from output of 'cop-status' and
'ctrl-status'.