Re: [ecasound] goodbye to dynamic libraries...?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] goodbye to dynamic libraries...?
From: Dennis J Houy (djhouy_AT_paw.co.za)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 00:57:11 EEST

> Sorry about the delay. At the moment I cannot spend time on
> ecasound-related stuff every day (this affects both coding and mails).

Sorry, I don't mean to nag. I know what it's like...

> Hmm, this sounds very similar to the mystical mp3-playback problem we've
> had with ecawave. What version of ecasound are you using? Does the same
> happen with mp3-files? How about version of ogg123 (you can check this
> with "ogg --version")?

Yes, it does - although somehow I thought it didn't. Exactly the same
thing happens, and it requires that ALSA be re-initialized, as it seems
to lock the pcm playback device.

I am using the following related software:

ecasound 2.0.4
ogg 1.0
alsa 0.9.0rc3

As you can see, ogg and alsa are recent, but I am not so sure about
Ecasound - I haven't used the CVS code at all. Do you think that may
solve the problem?

Thanks,
Dennis