[ecasound] Q: Removing silence from beginning and end of a file?

Subject: [ecasound] Q: Removing silence from beginning and end of a file?
From: Tapio Kelloniemi (spam_AT_thack.org)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 10:21:49 EEST

Hi

I'd have two questions about using Ecasound:
First I want to remove silence from beginning and end of a file. I
can't use thresold gate, because if volume decreases too much in the
middle of the file it is truncated too early. I have thought of
reversing the file and first cutting the end of the file away. Then
reverse it agian and take the beginning. I would like to know, if
there is any better way to do this? And another problem is reverse:
When I use it with wave input and output, I get the following warnings
(repeated many times) and an empty output file.
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "iobuf_uchar_repp != 0",
audioio-buffered.cpp, 67.
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "target_buffer != 0", audioio-wave.cpp,
488.
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "source != 0", samplebuffer.cpp, 765.

Thanks for all answers!

--
Tapio